Back to Specifications Download
Modbus Organization End User License Agreement
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR Modbus Organization, Inc. and Schneider Automation Inc. SOFTWARE/PROTOCOL Recitals -- Read Carefully: This End-User Software/Protocol License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either as a corporation or a single entity), Modbus Organization, Inc. and Schneider Automation Inc. for the MODBUS software/protocol down loaded from this web site, which includes computer software, protocol and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT" or "SOFTWARE"). By exercising your rights to make and use copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, you may not down load or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Provided that you have accepted these terms contained herein by clicking the "I ACCEPT" button on the download page, this EULA grants you the following rights: Installation and Use. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT without the payment of any royalty fee. Reproduction and Distribution. You may reproduce and distribute an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT; provided that each copy shall be a true and complete copy, including all copyright and trademark notices, and shall be accompanied by a copy of this EULA. Copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be distributed as a stand alone product or included with your own product.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS. Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Dissimilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, dissimilation, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation or if you obtain permission from Schneider Automation engineering department. Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer. Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Schneider Automation Inc. may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
3. COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by Schneider Automation Inc. or its suppliers. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the SOFTWARE PRODUCT like any other copyrighted material.
4. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Manufacturer is Schneider Automation Inc., One High Street, North Andover, MA 01845-2699.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY NO WARRANTIES. Schneider Automation Inc. and Modbus Organization, Inc. expressly disclaim any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any related documentation is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or infringement. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT remains with you. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. In no event shall Modbus Organization, Inc., Schneider Automation Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this product, even if Schneider Automation Inc. or Modbus Organization, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
6. MISCELLANEOUS If you acquired this product in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts. If you acquired this product outside the United States, then local laws may apply. If you agree to the terms of the above license, please click the "I ACCEPT" button on the download page or if you have questions concerning the terms of license please contact: Special Intellectual Property Counsel to Schneider Automation, 1415 S. Roselle Rd., Palatine, IL 600676-7399; Telephone Number (847) 925-3452 or Fax (847) 925-7419 Schneider Automation Inc. Copyright 1999 Schneider Automation Inc. All rights reserved.
Back to Specifications Download